Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU30011
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit students will consider some of the main principles of science and scientific knowledge and why it is important in the modern world. Students will explore and become familiar with the scientific content and concepts covered by the Australian National Curriculum (Foundation to Grade-6) and discover how children’s scientific knowledge and understandings develop. In addition, they will consider how to make Science fun and engaging for student from Foundation to Grade 6.
- What is Science?
- Why is Science important in today’s world?
- Australian National Curriculum content, concepts and organisation
- Unpacking and understanding Science understanding
- Unpacking and understanding Science as a human endeavour
- Unpacking and understanding Science inquiry skills
- Children’s development of Scientific concepts, principles and knowledge (Foundation to Grade-6)
- Making Science fun and engaging
View further information on this unit.