Mathematics in the Primary Classroom
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: EDU30009
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to prepare students to plan, teach and assess mathematics in the primary classroom. All mathematical concepts related to the curriculum will be explored, along with practical pedagogical approaches.
- Curriculum content for mathematics from Foundation to Grade 6: Number and Algebra; Measurement and
- Geometry; Statistics and Probability
- Understanding of the differences in the content strands within the Australian Curriculum for mathematics
- Understanding the relationship within the proficiency strands
- Mathematical Concepts in each year level
- Pedagogical approaches
- Tools for planning, assessing and reporting student learning in mathematics
- Open vs. closed assessment/activities
View further information on this unit.