Interaction Design for Mobile Devices
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DDD30020
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About the unit
This unit of study aims to introduce fundamental design and technical methodologies in designing interactive outcomes for mobile devices. Students will identify and apply industry best-practice, to inform project development; this knowledge may be applied to commercial outcomes in the design, web and computer game industries.
After successfully completing this unit, students should be able to:
- Outline the design process required to author an application across multiple platforms in a project document
- Plan and manage deployment strategies by publishing to a mobile device
- Assess the strengths, limitations and constraints of different mobile platforms using simulations
- Use appropriate authoring tools to produce a design outcome for mobile devices
- Evaluate the user interaction and experience design of a mobile platform outcome by applying user testing methodologies.
View further information on this unit.