Contemporary Design Issues
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DDD20004
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit develops a strategic knowledge of how design is practiced in the world today through the exploration of contemporary design and media practices. Students are challenged to consider the technological, economic, social, political, cultural and environmental impact of their work.
- The role of design, new technologies and new materials in 21st century
- Cross/inter-disciplinary practices in design and new media
- Key contemporary practitioners
- Design philosophies
- Aesthetics in the 21st century
- Design for environmental, global and social sustainability
- Concepts of user-centred design
View further information on this unit.