Brand and Identity Design
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DCO20001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit explores how brand identities are developed for a specific market, and how the different elements of identity work to ‘speak’ to a target market. Students complete a branding project focusing on a selected company or product and its target market.
- Assessing markets and identity through research
- The analysis and creation of branding and identity solutions informed by market research
- The meaning and use of semiotics as a language to facilitate visual communication
- The role of typography in the construction of brand identity
- Presenting branding and identity concepts for professional practice.