DCO20001 Brand and Identity Design
Unit code: DCO20001
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit explores how brand identities are developed for a specific market, and how the different elements of identity work to 'speak' to a target market. Students complete a branding project focussing on a selected company or product and its target market.
Topics for discussion may include:
- Assessing markets and identity through research
- The analysis and creation of branding and identity solutions informed by market research
- The meaning and use of semiotics as a language to facilitate visual communication
- The role of typography in the construction of brand identity
- Presenting branding and identity concepts for professional practice
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.