Photography for Design
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DCO10004
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to the basic principles and application of photography in design through creative camera controls and techniques. Design theory covered includes the exploration of resolution, colour theory, scaling, and editing and image analysis.
- Basic camera controls – depth of field and movement and setting the right exposure
- Resolution, white balance, ASA and other digital requirements
- Lighting conditions and types of lighting and its effect on the photograph
- Colour and contrast plus consideration for monochromatic output
- Image scaling and abstraction for visual impact
- Photographic compositional exploration – ways of seeing, varying viewpoint, angle, perspective
- Research a variety of photographic genres, iconic images and specific photographers
- Digital capture devices and other means of obtaining a photographic image
- Post production of image with regard to final output. i.e. the printed image vs web
View further information on this unit.