Concepts and Narratives
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DCO10001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit of study introduces students to the fundamentals of design exploration, conceptualisation and layout for 2D and 3D projects. Learn how to apply these concepts when working with image, object and language.
- Elements and principles of layout and design
- Analysis of representation and communication through mark-making and sequence
- Analysis of the work, processes and outcomes of selected professional designers
- Image as interpretation of idea, gesture or information
- Formatting and layout as communication tools with text and image
- Sequential design, visual and written narrative, time and sequence
- Model making, printing and bookbinding techniques
- 2D, 3D and 4D visual narrative representation techniques
- Compilation of outcome folio and process workbook to document project development, application and outcomes
View further information on this unit.