Data Science Principles
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: COS10022
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims at introducing students to the key concepts and techniques in data science and Big Data analytics. Students will be introduced to different stages in data analytics and given the opportunity to plan and design data science projects that address business and organisational needs.
- Introduction to Data Science and Big Data Analytics
- Roles of Data Science for Business
- Contemporary data structures and management
- Data Science tools, techniques and technologies
- The Data Analytics Lifecycle
- Analytical techniques and methods
- Analytics plan development
View further information on this unit.