Cybersecurity Operations Management
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: CYB60002
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Cybersecurity of an organisation concerns all stakeholders, employees and customers. This unit focuses on the management of resources and aims to develop and refine skills in stakeholder management and communications. Students will use a variety of methods to research communication protocols, cybersecurity principles, recovery and mitigation strategies.
Students will use the frameworks that relate to information sharing and develop strategies for whole of organisation cybersecurity management. Some of the topics include communication protocols and strategies, security audits, security program development, incident handling, maturity models data governance, third party and supply chain risk.
- Implementing and managing effective cybersecurity across an organisation, with respect to scale and nature of the business comparative to industry best practice
- Conducting security audits
- Security program development for technical and non-technical, particularly frontline staff
- Incident handling and developing business continuity plans and disaster recovery
- Security strategy and policy formulation and implementation across an organisation
- Information-sharing and the privacy, and compliance and ethical issues for business
- Cybersecurity maturity model
- Governance: data, organisation, policy impact
- Cloud frameworks
- Disaster recovery
- Third party risk – supply chain implications
View further information on this unit.