Curriculum Development, Assessment and Responsive Pedagogy
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU60043
Contact Hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this unit, pre-service teachers will develop an understanding of curriculum learning areas, their concepts, content, and structure that will support their knowledge and ability to organise classroom activities and communicate required learning to students. They will also explore human development as a lens to convey how the planning and effective implementation of teaching and learning programs including trauma informed pedagogy promotes inclusion for all students.
Through this exploration they will learn how to set achievable goals and challenges for students of varying abilities and characteristics and also locate relevant teaching strategies and evidence-based pedagogy that effectively supports student learning outcomes. They will also be supported to identify evaluative tools that measure impact on student learning and wellbeing.
- Curriculum, types of curriculum, Curriculum concepts, content, and structure an overview (National and State)
- What is pedagogy, instructional models (HITS, e5), differentiation, teaching strategies
- Assessment Evaluative tools and Assessment practices that measure impact on student learning and wellbeing
- Human development as a lens to explore trauma informed pedagogy, neurodiverse and additional learning needs
- Creating and maintaining a safe and challenging learning environment.
- Planning and teaching of learning programs
- Communicating learning to students
- Organising classroom activities (Inclusion and engagement)
View further information on this unit.