Contemporary Management Principles
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: MGT10009
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Gain foundational knowledge and skills concerning the role and functions of management. These frameworks support a critical analysis of individual or organisational operations and performance in the light of business opportunities and pressures, societal expectations and environmental contingencies. These insights enable students to identify their role as future managers, and to map their contribution to creating value at both an individual and organisational level.
- Introductions to organisations and management
- The role and functions of managers in complex environments
- The conceptual, interpersonal and technical skills used by managers to respond to environmental pressures
- The impact of environment and organisational culture
- The evolution of management theory in relation to changing contexts
- Creating value for the organisation and the wider community.