Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: COS10004
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Students will become familiar with the design, programming, operation, and design constraints of computing hardware.
- Assembly language programming
- An introduction to program timing considerations and interrupts
- Serial and parallel input/output
- Memory types and organisation
- Basic computer organisation: Von Neumann and Harvard architectures
- The internals of a microcomputer using a RISC CPU
- An introduction to interfacing to the analogue world
- A block diagram of a complete CPU
- An introduction to data storage technologies
View further information on this unit.