Compositing for Visual Effects
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DDD30011
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit delivers advanced software technique for compositing photographic images. Students explore digital image compositing through investigative and experimental frameworks in order to discover, practice and understand technique. Building on technical process, image compositing is then contextualised within design, communication and professional practice.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
- Apply advanced techniques in photographic image-composition, with an awareness of visual and design fundamentals
- Integrate illustrative technologies, processes, and methodologies to develop professional outcomes
- Apply creative thinking to produce unique imagery, combining software based technology and conventional image making processes
- Produce a body of work, showing stylistic decision-making to a professional level taking into consideration copyright/ethical issues
- Evaluate the effectiveness of photography, design process, and image compositing for applications in contemporary design.