Professional Practice: Client and Agency Management
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: COM30002
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The aim of this unit is to prepare students for their graduate career by developing a high level of proficiency in professional oral and written communication skills in order to manage clients and agency projects. Additionally students will have opportunities to further develop their interpersonal skills aimed at helping them to establish and manage both inter and intra agency relationships, and also relationships with clients. Students (in groups) will undertake a project to communicate discipline specific skills to a wider audience. They will be expected to work collaboratively to identify issues, plan and develop operational plans for the workplace.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Collaborative problem solving in a team environment
- Project management and leadership skills
- Managing individual workloads within project plans
- Management of financial and agency resources
- Communication issues in business and community contexts
- Professional reporting and presentation skills
- Self and peer evaluation
View further information on this unit.