Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: INF10024
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Learn how technology can be used to assist business in the era of digitalization, without the technology becoming an end in itself. In particular, the unit aims to generate an awareness of the importance of digital technologies and information to organisational decision-making. Further, we examine how managers and practitioners can ensure the fitness-for-purpose of digital technologies and information to the decision makers such that business might gain a competitive advantage in digitalized world. Students gain a strong foundation of business systems fundamentals and an appreciation of how digital technologies impact business stakeholders, customers, suppliers, manufacturers, service makers, regulators, managers and employees.
- Organisations in the digital economy
- Digital technologies: their evolution to current role and purpose in business and society
- System development methodologies for designing and implementing digital technology solutions
- Data and information management in the digital economy; ethical, cultural and security issues
- Business processes and their evolution through digital technology innovation
- E-Commerce networks and commercial internet-based applications and platforms
- Digital technologies to support business transactions and processes and enterprise systems
- IS to support managerial decision making, business intelligence, business analytics, and knowledge management.