Industry Consulting Project
In this unit, you’ll work in teams on a real-life client brief. With guidance from an experienced coach, you’ll present your findings to one of our industry partners.
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: BUS30009
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The unit provides an opportunity for students to apply skills and engage in a consulting project for an industry partner. Multidisciplinary teams will work on a live problem solving project from profit or not-for-profit enterprises operating in either private or public sectors. Teams will work under the guidance of a coach with project specific inputs from the industry client briefs. In the final week, teams will deliver their findings and recommendations to industry partner through an oral presentation and a written report. The unit aims at facilitating a successful transition from academic learning environment to work environment.
- Applying discipline knowledge to a real-world context
- Principles, overviews and discipline issues that relate to the project context
- Interpreting and responding to project briefs
- Team dynamics, management tools and processes
- Communications issues and stakeholder expectations
- Research methods
- Critical and reflective practices
- Documenting project developments and recommendations
View further information on this unit.