BUS30009 Industry Consulting Project
About this unit
The unit provides an opportunity for students to apply skills and engage in a consulting project for an industry partner. Multidisciplinary teams will work on a live problem solving project from profit or not-for-profit enterprises operating in either private or public sectors. Teams will work under the guidance of a coach with project specific inputs from the industry client briefs. In the final week, teams will deliver their findings and recommendations to industry partner through an oral presentation and a written report. The unit aims at facilitating a successful transition from academic learning environment to work environment.
- Applying discipline knowledge to a real-world context
- Principles, overviews and discipline issues that relate to the project context
- Interpreting and responding to project briefs
- Team dynamics, management tools and processes
- Communications issues and stakeholder expectations
- Research methods
- Critical and reflective practices
- Documenting project developments and recommendations
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Business Administration, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Management, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Marketing, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Sports Management, Bachelor of Business With a Major in Accounting.