Building and Sustaining Positive Relationships
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU80048
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The unit is designed to prepare pre-service teachers to build and sustain positive relationships with students, families and the community. Pres-service teachers will examine and demonstrate how they can support positive behaviour through support student wellbeing, resilience and social and emotional emotional learning. A specific focus is made on developing strategies to work inclusively and ethically with families, community and support agencies.
- Understanding student wellbeing and behaviour in Australian schools
- Caring and respective student-teacher relationships: positive learning environments
- Engaging learning environments and pedagogical practices
- Student belonging, mental health and wellbeing
- Student behaviour
- School policies and practices
- Working with families, communities and external agencies
- Restorative relationships, policy and practice
- Consolidating key learnings and strategies to support positive relationships.