Big Data Architecture and Applications
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: COS20028
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to the architectures of contemporary Big Data platforms and ecosystems of tools. These technologies are the foundation of Big Data analytics which facilitate scalable management and processing of vast quantities of data. The unit is delivered in collaboration with industry and prepares students with the essential foundations towards undertaking professional certifications.
- Introduction to Big Data platforms and their ecosystems
- Big Data platforms programming
- Partitioners and reducers
- Big Data acquisition and workflows
- The data analytics lifecycle
- Analysis and management of structured and unstructured Big Data
View further information on this unit.