Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: CYB80005
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit engages students in simulated threats in a cyber war environment providing an opportunity to be the attacker and the defender, understand the motivations on both sides, and apply an ethical and legal lens to both sides of the threat. Students will reflect, strategize and apply lessons to develop a framework for cyber threat prevention.
- Cyber war games unit
- Ethical hacking
- Software tools to monitor and capture network traffic
- Packet sniffing, spoofing, carrying out cyber attacks
- Attack and defence – human versus the machine
- Disaster recovery – business contingency and disaster recovery plan
- Incident response
- Intrusion detection and prevention
- Offensive versus defensive, how the two operate in harmony
This unit is found in Master of Cybersecurity Management.
View further information on this unit.