Advertising, Media Planning and Purchasing
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ADV30001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
Students who successfully complete this unit should demonstrate competence in:
- Advertising-focused analysis of media relevant to supporting a client’s business objectives
- Preparing a media buying plan appropriate to a client’s requirements
- Evaluating the performance of a media buying program.
This unit will provide discipline-based knowledge and professional capabilities and experiences contributing to students’ progress in attaining generic skills such as:
- Analysis skills through writing assessments
- Communications skills through engaging in class discussion
- Ability to work independently through working on assessments and conducting independent research.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Advertising.