Concept Development and Copywriting
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ADV20002
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit is designed to introduce students to the fundamental skills required of advertising copywriters, in the context of the operations of an advertising creative department. It also aims to help build confidence in all writing and creative thinking skills.
On successful completion of the course, students should demonstrate:
- Strengthened basic writing skills and the ability to adapt and apply them to advertising copy
- Strengthened concept development skills and the ability to develop a diverse range of ideas
- Critical thinking developed via analysis of advertising concepts and writing examples
- Competence in applying appropriate communication and persuasion theories to advertising copywriting
- Ability to systematically and effectively plan advertising copy
- Skills in applying appropriate research methods, legal and ethical considerations to concepts and copywriting
- Awareness of how to write for different media: Radio, Television, Print, Online
- Ability to develop ideas for new media: social media, Facebook, mobiles, online gaming, applications, crowd sourcing and internet.
View further information on this unit.