Strategic Cost Management
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: ACC80011
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit provides students with the skills and expertise to contribute to the strategic decision-making and management of organisations through advanced management accounting and cost management analysis.
It locates management accounting techniques within a broader strategic framework that examines the various decisions that organisations need to make in configuring themselves to generate superior financial returns as well as broader notions of environmental and social value. Students learn how to structure information search and management accounting analysis processes to support strategic decision-making, design appropriate decision-criteria and select from feasible decision-making options that are supported by rigorous analysis.
- Apply advanced knowledge of strategic cost management to organisational contexts which differ in terms of strategy, industry, stage of development and focus
- Apply problem solving to provide innovative solutions into integrated and multi-dimensional and predictive models of business performance.
- Critically analyse an organisation’s performance in creating economic financial returns as well as in terms of a broader notion of value, comprising environmental and social value
- Apply problem solving methodology to generate innovative solutions to organizational effectiveness, efficiency and key short-term and long-term drivers of these performance dimensions
- Communicate proficiently to a wide variety of audiences and operate as an effective leader and member of a diverse team
View further information on this unit.