Management Accounting 1
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: ACC20011
Contact Hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to introduce students to the role of accounting in the planning and decision-making functions of the management process.
Topics covered include:
- Basic cost concepts
- Cost-volume-profit analysis
- Cost allocation issues
- Profitability analysis
- The analysis of costs for decision-making.
Throughout the unit students will be encouraged to:
- Utilise microcomputer-based techniques for solving problems
- Focus on the relevance of accounting information to management information needs
- Critically evaluate traditional management accounting theory practice against the contemporary literature on activity-based costing and new technologies.