ACC20007 Management Accounting for Planning and Control
About this unit
The aim of this subject is to expose students to the complexities of providing and analysing data for internal decision making for a range of business entities. There are few rules in management accounting and the key feature of management accounting is the ability to identify and apply data relevant to the particular issue at hand.
- Introduction to cost terms and concepts
- Cost behaviour, drivers and estimation
- Introduction to product and service costing
- Overhead costs and Activity based costing
- Tactical decision making
- Job and process costing
- Cost volume profit analysis
- Standard costing and flexible budgets
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Accounting.