What level of English language proficiency do I need to study a Masters at Swinburne Online?
It is expected that applicants have proficient English skills. You should have a bachelor degree or equivalent (at least three years) studied in English, or have completed year 12 English in Australia.
You must meet the below levels in an English language test such as IELTS, ISLPR or PEAT to ensure you are successful:
- Achievement in the International Second Language Proficiency Rating (ISLPR) of Level 4 in all four areas of speaking, listening, reading, writing from an approved testing site.
- Achievement of a score A in all four areas of speaking, listening, reading, and writing in the Professional English Assessment for Teachers (PEAT) test.
International English Language Test System (IELTS) course specifications:
- Master of Professional Accounting requires IELTS 6.5 no band below 6
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) requires IELTS 6.5 no band below 6
- Masters of Teaching requires IELTS of 7.5 and the following scores for each component Speaking 8.0, Listening 8.0, Reading 7.0, Writing 7.0