Support our students
As we grow and develop, so do our students! Imagine working in a fantastic team, feeling genuine reward in what you do, within a tertiary institution who has been named as the fastest growing Australian company in 2015. Let's not forget accredited AON Hewitt Best Employer in 2014 & 2015!
Our culture of collaboration, respect and innovation translates to the best possible experience for why we do what we do: caring for our students. It also means that as a very special provider of care to our students, we look after you with an interactive work environment! If you like food, pilates and massages - there may be a bit of that around too!
About the team
You'll be joining a highly engaged, supportive and collaborative bunch of people who have one common passion: our students. There is a diverse range of personalities, experience and backgrounds who collectively make up an incredibly awesome team.
About the role
Strap yourself in and get ready to speak to students, all the time! Never a dull moment, it's fast-paced, highly collaborative and highly rewarding if you are passionate about helping students. You will be pivotal in providing our students' guidance, technical support and everything in between. From orientation to graduation, you will be there every step of the way. Sounds like a 'one-stop shop'? It is!
The team provides support Mon-Fri 9am-9pm (AEST) and weekends and public holidays from 10am-6pm (AEST) so please note that shift times may rotate every 6 weeks.
- Provide exceptional, high quality student support with general student enquiries
- Provide general IT support, program information and advice related to student administration policies and procedures
- Provide empathetic, personal and supportive phone and email support
- Solution-focused resolutions
- Identify resources to support student learning
- Participate in programs to improve student engagement and retention
- Identify opportunities to enhance the student experience
The ideal candidate
- Experience with a Learning Management System (e.g. Blackboard) is essential
- Completion of a tertiary degree
- Relevant work experience in the student support environment,
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Resilience, and the ability to work with high volume queries (phone and email)
- Demonstrated knowledge of student services requirements
- A demonstrated commitment to exemplary customer service and the ability to be flexible and responsive to customer needs
- Evidence of being a hands-on self-starter with a solution-focused attitude
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills