search SEARCH
Apply Now


What type of student am I?

Am I a domestic or international student?

To find out the tuition fees you will be charged, it’s important to understand what type of student you are.

You are a domestic student if you are living in Australia and are:

  • An Australian citizen
  • An Australian Permanent Resident (visa status)
  • A New Zealand citizen.

You are an international student if you are:

  • A Temporary Resident (visa status) of Australia,
  • A Permanent Resident (visa status) of New Zealand
  • A Resident or Citizen of any other country.

Australian citizens living overseas

If you’re an Australian citizen or permanent resident living, working or on holiday overseas, you can still study a degree or a diploma with us. Please note, if you are studying a degree with Swinburne, you will be able to access Australian Government funding through a Commonwealth Supported Place as long as you complete some of your studies while living in Australia.