Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: COS20001
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit of study aims to introduce students to the concept of usability and the process of user-centred design as a method of achieving good usability outcomes in software development.
- ISO user-centred design process and principles
- Usability as a component of software quality
- Understanding and modelling context of use (users, tasks and system environment)
- Requirements elicitation and specification
- Ethics of human research
- Usability design principles, guidelines and standards
- Conceptual design and iterative prototyping
- Usability evaluation methods
- Psychological principles
This unit is found in the Bachelor of Information and Communication Technology.
View further information on this unit.