PUB30001 Events Management
Unit code: PUB30001
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to identify the scope and scale of events then emphasise their importance, either as a catalyst for economic development, or as a generator of social cohesion. The next stage of the unit is to examine the multi-faceted functions of event management from conceptualisation, through to planning, risk management, and marketing. Finally, students will highlight both positive and negative impacts of events and advance sustainability as an overarching objective.
- A demonstration of the diverse nature and size of events
- An examination of the differing objectives and outcomes from various types of events
- The roles and motivations of various stakeholders
- Conceptualising and determining the feasibility of events
- Funding and sponsorship
- Planning, staging, and managing events
- Operations and logistics
- Legal, ethical and risk management
- Image and branding
- Event promotion, advertising, and public relations
- Impact assessment and amelioration
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Public Relations.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business with a Major in Sports Management.