PUB20003 Public Relations Writing
Unit code: PUB20003
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit develops writing skills specific to the public relations industry, introduces students to the various writing styles used in public relations, and provides experience in communicating public relations messages in appropriate media.
- Ethical and legal responsibilities of the public relations writer
- Writing persuasively
- Researching for public relations writing
- Style and structure of public relations writing
- Writing for a range of audiences, including online audiences
- Writing for the mass media
- Campaign writing and media kits
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Public Relations.