PUB20001 Global Public Relations Practice
Unit code: PUB20001
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit provides an introduction to the working knowledge of international communication as practised by Australian and foreign multi-national corporations, consultancies, Government agencies and not-for-profit organisations. The course will demonstrate the strategic requirements of different approaches to communication programs in different countries and markets (including Asia Pacific, Europe, the Americas, Africa and the Middle East).
- The development of intercultural communication for a global society
- The nature of contemporary public relations activity and new technology on a global scale
- Application of multicultural communication theories to public relations practice in global arenas
- The fields of public relations practice including business, government and non-government organisations
- Roles and responsibilities for global public relations practitioners with a focus on social, organisational, administrative, cultural, ethical and legal responsibilities overseas
- Examination of public relations practice and the connectivity of global organisational relationships
- Theoretical framework for global public relations practice and research
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major of Public Relations.