PSY30003 Psychology Project
Unit code: PSY30003
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to give students a mastery of fundamental theoretical and practical skills through selecting, designing, administering and interpreting psychological measures within the framework of a project. The project is designed to engage students in authentic professional activities, and provide opportunities to develop skills such as project management, teamwork, communication skills, and reflective thinking, which are highly valued by employers.
Topics addressed in the unit include:
- Theories and methods for psychological measurement
- Fundamentals of test construction
- Methods for evaluating the properties and quality of tests
- Administration and scoring of tests
- Cultural appropriateness and sensitivity
- Professional and ethical issues in psychological measurement and research
This unit is found in Bachelor of Psychological Sciences.