MKT20019 Marketing Research
Unit code: MKT20019
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to assist students in understanding the marketing research process with an emphasis on the practical implementation of survey research techniques in a real life situation. In addition, students should have developed the ability to identify research opportunities, as well as to understand how marketing research findings can be practically implemented in the business environment.
- The marketing research process
- Decision problem, research question and research objectives
- Different types of research design or approaches
- Qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Descriptive research design using surveys
- Sampling: theory, methods and issues in marketing research
- Data preparation and analysis
- Preparing the marketing research report
- Ethics involved in marketing research
This unit is found in Bachelor of Business With a Major in Marketing.