Marketing Research and Analytics
Duration: 1 teaching period
Unit Code: MKT20019
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to assist students to understand the value of data to marketers as well as the marketing research process, and how marketing analytics can assist in the marketing decision making process. Students will develop the ability to identify research opportunities, collect, analyse and interpret data from traditional and digital data sources, as well as to understand how marketing research findings can be practically implemented in the business environment.
- The marketing research process
- Decision problem, research question and research objectives
- Different types of research design or approaches
- Qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Marketing analytics including digital data
- Sampling: theory, methods and issues in marketing research
- Data preparation, exploration, analysis, and visualisation using the latest analytical tools
- Preparing the marketing research report
- Ethics involved in the use of data for marketing purposes.
View further information on this unit.