- Online Courses & Degrees
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Accounting
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Accounting and Finance
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Accounting and Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Finance
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Financial Planning
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Management
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Marketing
- Bachelor of Business with a Major in Sports Management
- Graduate Certificate in Management
- Graduate Certificate of Business Administration
- Graduate Certificate of Financial Planning
- Graduate Certificate of Project Management
- Graduate Diploma of Project Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Diploma of Business (BSB50120)
- Diploma of Business (Operations) (BSB50120)
- Diploma of Human Resource Management (BSB50320)
- Media and Communication
- Social Science
- Online Bootcamp Graduate Certificate Courses
- Your Study Journey
- Flexible Study
- Support Services
Elective units are what turn a degree into your degree. They tailor your course to suit your strengths, interests and career goals.
Here are the elective units we offer online.
Why do you need to study electives?
Through elective units you can explore subjects of interest that may not be included in the core structure of your degree. The electives you choose will enrich your understanding of your field of study and shape the way you think about the core units in your degree.
Electives can be an opportunity to further specialise in a particular area or diversify your knowledge base.
When should you choose your electives?
It’s a good idea to plan your electives at the start of your degree – this way you get a clear idea of what you’ll have completed at the end of your studies. However, if you’re unsure what to choose, or need more time, you do have the option to select them as you go.
How do electives work?
As a student who’s majoring in Security and Counter Terrorism, you can choose twelve elective units. You can approach this in two ways:
- You might like to pick electives from a complimentary field of study. For example, you could choose subjects from another social science major. E.g., if you’re interested in human behaviour, you might like to enrol in units from Behavioural Studies major. However, you’ll need to double check the prerequisites to see if you’re eligible. You can do this here.
- OR you could take subjects that are unrelated to social science and give yourself a broad range of knowledge. For example, you could take units from the media and communications faculty, design, education, business, law and technology. To check what is available and whether you are eligible, check the list of units here.