EDU70010 Mathematics in Primary School
Unit code: EDU70010
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 12 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on preparing students to teach mathematics in the primary classroom.
- The content appropriate for teaching the curriculum for mathematics in the primary classroom
- Methods of teaching mathematics
- Integrating the curriculum
- Design and sequencing of tasks
- Enquiry-based and problem-solving approaches.
- Dealing with diversity and individual differences
- Maintaining a safe and challenging learning environment in the primary years
- Tools and practices for assessing, recording and reporting student learning of mathematics.
This unit is found in Master of Teaching (Primary).