Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: EDU40008
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
In this the unit, students will develop understandings of theory and practice in arts education with a focus on dance, drama and music, media and visual arts. They will be able to demonstrate arts skills and an understanding of arts education concepts to a level appropriate for teaching in the primary classroom. A principal outcome will be the ability to design and implement teaching programs in the arts for children. Ultimately, this unit aims to help students gain knowledge and skills to increase their appreciation and understanding of the contribution of the arts to learning in the lives of children. It also explores ways to support and encourage children’s creativity and confidence in expressing themselves.
- Relevant national and or state/territory curriculum
- Contemporary pedagogical approaches and methods of teaching the Arts including the use of ICT
- Principles of planning and assessing within the Arts
- Providing feedback to enhance learning
- Arts key concepts
- Creativity in Primary school
- Reflective teaching in the Arts
- Arts resources
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Primary).
View further information on this unit.