EDU30012 Teaching Science and Technology
Unit code: EDU30012
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit focuses on preparing students to teach science and technology in the primary classroom. Students will: critically evaluate single subject and cross-disciplinary approaches to science and technology teaching; develop engaging Science lesson plans and unit outlines that adhere to inclusive and safe practice; consider a range of teaching strategies and how they can be applied to a range of Science concepts and knowledge across the F-6 age range; critically consider a range of teaching strategies and how they can be applied to design, technology and digital technology.
- Designing Science lessons
- Being inclusive and safe in Science
- Cross-disciplinary and single subject approaches
- Teaching strategies for Science
- Developing Science lessons based on National curriculum
- Assessing Science
- Integrating and assessing Science, Design, and Digital tech
This unit is found in Bachelor of Education (Primary).