Typography for Print and Interactive Publication
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: DCO20009
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
The aim of this unit is to enhance the student’s developing typographic knowledge by exploring typographic conventions, standards, specifications and hierarchy. Students will be equipped to identify visual relationships between typographic forms and communicate typographic concerns.
- Publication design contexts, standards, conventions and innovations
- Type and text legibility, typesetting and editing conventions
- Grids, proportions, page and document structure for print and screen
- Text setting style sheets and master pages and multi-sectioned publications
- Publication conventions, pre-press, printing and for digital media application
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.
View further information on this unit.