DCO20004 Web Design
Unit code: DCO20004
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to techniques associated with the design and implementation of web sites and pages. Students learn about coding and other software based techniques for generating and managing simple web sites. Developing technical literacy will enable students to collaborate with technical specialists on the implementation of more complex web projects.
Topics for discussion may include:
- Basic coding for HTML & CSS
- Functional implementation of simple HTML & CSS projects
- Hosting and domain management for web sites
- Content management systems
- Diagrammatic planning for web sites
- Prototyping for web sites
- Managing image, colour and type for web sites
- Creating briefing documents for specialists contributing advanced technical functions to web sites.