DCO10003 Design Studio: Packaging
Unit code: DCO10003
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces the principles of packaging design and the skills of research and project implementation. Learn about the importance of an integrated approach to branding and visual communication. The economic, environmental and sustainability components of packaging design is also investigated.
Topics for discussion may include:
- Research of product and market
- Elements and principles of design
- Packaging systems and materials
- Lateral thinking for concept creation, implementation and communication
- Design processes informed by makers, users and consumers
- Presentation methods for project outcomes and technical information.
This unit is found in Bachelor of Design with a Major in Communication Design.