Learning and Communicating Online
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Unit Code: COM10003
Contact Hours: Recommended 10 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit will introduce fundamentals of communication and learning in an online environment. Students will gain increased capability in a range of skills such as online written communication, collaboration in individual and group work, and critiquing and analysing a variety of information sources. Students will be encouraged to draw on their own understanding and experience while contributing and sharing ideas with peers.
- Social media and communication technologies
- Models of online communication
- Current and evolving learning theories
- Identifying and evaluating sources of knowledge
- Critical analysis skills
- Referencing and attributing sources
- Creating and publishing in the online environment
- Strategies for reflecting on your own and others work
View further information on this unit.