Bachelor of Business with a Major in Finance
Our Bachelor of Business with a Major in Finance will help students master the core skills and knowledge in the fields of business, management and operations in order to succeed in roles in modern organisations.
A major in Finance will help students understand how to analyse and assess financial forecasts as well as the value of companies. The aim of this major is to be able to manage risk, investigate investment opportunities and examine the values of assets such as bonds and shares.
International Business Consultant
Help businesses grow internationally through risk management and assessment.
Broaden a company’s impact by examining and analysing marketing opportunities.
Be involved in the design and modification of business or IT systems and help businesses grow.
Lead your own company by innovating and implementing new ideas across your business.
Learning at Swinburne Online
Designed by business professionals
The Bachelor of Business with a Major in Finance is an internationally recognised qualification from a university ranked among the top 3% in the world. Taught by industry professionals, the course has been designed specifically to meet the requirements of Australia’s professional accounting bodies. You will graduate with an industry standard qualification, which will open doors to business opportunities both in Australia and overseas.
A community of thinkers
At Swinburne Online, you will form part of an online community of switched-on business students. You’ll learn from practicing accounting professionals, gain insights into areas of business you may not be familiar with, and form a valuable industry network. The connections you make could lead to your next career, or business venture.
A unique learning experience
You shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to study, so we have created a degree that can fit around it. By studying an accounting degree online, you can work to your own schedule and you’ll learn from industry professionals in a purpose-built online environment. Here you will work on real accounts, and develop practical skills and techniques you can apply in a range of industries.
Support and assistance
- ACC10007 Financial Information for Decision Making
- BUS30009 Industry Consulting Project
- BUS30024: Advanced Innovative Business Practice
- COM10011: Learning and Communicating for Innovative Business Practice
- ECO10004: Economic Principles
- ECO20004 Macroeconomic Policy
- FIN10002 Financial Statistics
- FIN20013 Banking Operations and Governance
- FIN20014 Financial Management
- FIN30014 Financial Risk Management
- FIN30016 Management of Investment Portfolios
- INB60003/FIN30013 International Trade and Investment
- INF10003 Introduction to Business Information Systems
- LAW30002 Finance Law
- MGT10001 Introduction to Management
- MKT10007 Fundamentals of Marketing
- Electives 8 elective units
Non-Year 12 entry
Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
Applicants without a formal qualification but with significant and relevant work experience and appropriate English language skills will be considered if they can demonstrate that they can undertake the course with a reasonable prospect of success.
The University may determine selection criteria and restrictions in respect of courses to apply in addition to these entry requirements.
Year 12 entry
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- Applicants must meet the associated minimum ATAR score
- Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL
Courses are only available to Australian and New Zealand citizens, permanent residents and humanitarian visa holders.