Become a business all-rounder
Become an influential part of any organisation by studying a Bachelor of Business Administration online with Swinburne. Taught by industry professionals, the Bachelor of Business With a Major in Business Administration allows you to develop your marketing, finance and leadership skills. You will learn how to plan, implement and manage business strategies, working towards both short and long term objectives. And once you graduate, you’ll have the skills and confidence to make informed decisions, no matter what the situation.
Support strategic operations and business objectives in an administrative capacity.
Organise, direct and manage people within teams of all sizes in a business environment.
Continuously improve and adapt operational systems to meet changing business demands.
Establish business objectives and put procedures in place to meet them.
Learning at Swinburne Online
A globally recognised qualification
Swinburne's Bachelor of Business With a Major in Business Administration is an accredited qualification from a university ranked among the top 3% in the world. You will graduate with the same degree as on-campus students, which will open doors to leadership opportunities both here and overseas, from start-ups to renowned global companies.
A community of thinkers
At Swinburne Online, you will form part of an online community of switched-on business students. Like you, each person will bring a unique perspective to discussions. You will work on a range of activities that simulate real working situations, and form valuable networks with those working in a broad range of industries.
A unique learning experience
You shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to study, so we have created a degree that can fit around it. Studying your business administration degree online means you can work to your own schedule and you’ll learn in an interactive environment with other students from your discipline. Here you will gain practical experience from real life industry examples and learn how to develop sustainable business practices that you can take straight into the workplace.
What you will learn
Leadership and Management
Learn how to apply leadership and management concepts to real workplace situations.
Explore how marketing contributes to overall business operations.
Discover how Australian contract law is used to establish and manage business partnerships.
Develop and critique sustainable business practices in real world environments.
Learn how team diversity can contribute to a high performance working environment.
Support and assistance
- ACC10007 Financial Information for Decision Making
- ACC20014 Management Decision Making
- BUS30009 Industry Consulting Project
- BUS30024: Advanced Innovative Business Practice
- COM10011: Learning and Communicating for Innovative Business Practice
- ECO10004: Economic Principles
- INF10003 Introduction to Business Information Systems
- LAW20019: Law of Commerce
- MGT10001 Introduction to Management
- MGT30005 Strategic Planning in Dynamic Environments
- MKT10007 Fundamentals of Marketing
- MKT20021 Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKT30015 Marketing and Communication Information and Decision Making
- ORG20002 Business and Society
- ORG20003 Organisational Behaviour
- ORG30003 Sustainable Organisational Design
- Electives 8 elective units
Non-Year 12 entry
Completion or partial completion of an approved tertiary qualification (including diplomas, advanced diplomas, associate degrees and degrees). Additional performance criteria and prerequisite requirements may also apply.
Students admitted to the course with prior tertiary studies that satisfy part of the academic requirements of this course may be eligible for academic credit.
Applicants without a formal qualification but with significant and relevant work experience and appropriate English language skills will be considered if they can demonstrate that they can undertake the course with a reasonable prospect of success.
The University may determine selection criteria and restrictions in respect of courses to apply in addition to these entry requirements.
Year 12 entry
Successful completion of the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) or its equivalent, such as an interstate or international Year 12 qualification.
- Applicants must meet the associated minimum ATAR score
- Units 3 and 4 – a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or at least 25 in English other than EAL