Upload your video to YouTube
Once you’ve recorded your presentation and created your video, you’re ready to upload it to YouTube. When you have the link for your video, you can give it to a chosen person in your group, who will add it to your group’s playlist.
1. In your web browser, go to www.youtube.com.
2. If you’re not signed in to your Google account, click the Sign In button in the top right corner of the screen and enter your details.
If you don’t have a Google account, click Sign in, then click the Create an account link. Enter your details on the Create your Google Account page, then follow the on-screen steps to create your account. You might need to click a link in your email to confirm your account before you can upload your video.
3. On YouTube, click the Upload button at the top of any page.
4. Before you start uploading the video, you can choose how public you’d like the video to be. In the dropdown menu, choose Public or Unlisted.
If you choose Public, anyone will be able to find your video on YouTube by searching for it. If you choose Unlisted, only people who have a direct link to your video will be able to see it.
Either of these options will allow your video to be included in the playlist.
5. Click Select files to upload, then choose the video you’d like to upload from your computer.
6. As the video is uploading, you can edit its details, including the video title, description and tags in the Basic info tab.
You can also click the Advanced settings tab to edit more settings, including commenting and captioning.
7. When your video has finished uploading, you can choose which of the thumbnails you prefer in the Video thumbnails section.
8. Copy the link for your video from the left side of the screen.
9. Paste the link you copied into an email or instant message to the member of the group who will be creating the playlist.