PUB30003 Public Relations Project and Campaign Planning
Unit code: PUB30003
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit introduces students to the application and benefits of a strategic approach to public relations, and how public relations activities can add strategic value to an organisation.
This unit involves understanding the elements of a public relations strategic plan and applying them to developing a public relations campaign. This includes:
- How public relations fits into the strategic planning process of organisations of varying sizes (local community organizations to multinational corporations)
- Frameworks and concepts for strategic planning
- Visions and Mission Statements
- Strategic public relations planning of campaigns
- Relationship between Marketing and Public Relations Strategic Plans
- Setting objectives and measuring performance
- Models and measures of research and evaluation
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Public Relations.