MDA20009 Digital Communities
Unit code: MDA20009
Duration: 1 Teaching Period
Contact hours: Recommended 8 hours of study per week
About this unit
This unit aims to help students identify the areas of social media which are central to our understanding of ourselves as part of various digital communities; critically analyse social media using contemporary media theories; and critically discuss of the impact of social media on our cultural, social, political and economic communities. Students will collaborate with peers in the production of a digital presentation on a contemporary issue in the area of social media, and develop and maintain a weekly blog for the purpose of critical social commentary.
- The marketing research process
- Decision problem, research question and research objectives
- Different types of research design or approaches
- Qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Descriptive research design using surveys
- Sampling: theory, methods and issues in marketing research
- Data preparation and analysis
- Preparing the marketing research report
- Ethics involved in marketing research
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Media Studies.