MDA20007 Screen Franchising and Innovation
About this unit
Provide students with an understanding of screen franchising production and function, historically and culturally. Equip students with the tools necessary to analyse and develop screen franchising opportunities.Develop students’ understanding of the relationship between screen franchising, convergence and innovation.
- Fandom and Serial Fiction
- Screen Adaptation
- Storytelling in Pulps, Soap Operas and Comics
- The Evolution of the Blockbuster
- Rules of Screen Franchising
- Paracinema & Screen History
- Semiotics of Movie Marketing
- Merchandising and Convergence
- Tapping into the Zeitgeist
This unit is found in Bachelor of Media and Communication with a Major in Media Studies.